Distance Learning via Video Conferencing:-
Today, new technology is changing the old age practices. This has happened in industries like banking, retail supply chain etc. Now the same is happening in education industry as well. Now as a student we have availability of innovative education technologies. One of which is of course my personal favorite, video conferencing.
We can use video conferencing in the classroom and learning in various ways like.
1) Distance Learning – You may not get the right teach in your area. This is specially a problem in rural areas. For more rural areas, virtual environments can be key to enabling students to access the classes they need and can improve the performance of rural students .
2) Labs/Demos- Normally whenever I go through any cooking site, I always want to discuss more about the recipe. This is a problem which a live cooking class from home can address? All you need to do is register for a class, buy the ingredients and turn on the video camera from your very own kitchen.
3) Connect Classrooms – Now you can connect the students from various colleges. They can have brainstorming discussions on various topics with other classmates.
4) Go International– I think today students would like meet the teachers and students in another country and get a sense of what to expect if she were to take her career abroad. Connecting with them using video conferencing will really help.
5) Interviews – My friend applied for MBA and wanted to speak to few alumni to know more about college before applying. An interaction like this would be valuable to chooset the college and career path.
6) Faculty Forum- We can create faculty forums where professors can discuss the topics in an animated room.
7) Guest Lecturers- Some of the greatest academic minds live thousands of miles away. Wouldn't it be great to have renowned faculty like Stephen Covey come into your classroom and give a lecture on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
There may be many more ways to use to use video conferencing! Please share your ideas on how video conferencing can revolutionize the learning.